WORKSHOP: FLORAL COLLAGE
With Shirley Nachtrieb, 636-947-1936
MAOM Gallery, 321 S Main St, St. Charles, MO 63301
Thursday and Friday, August 24 and 25
9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
$150 plus materials OR $160 includes all materials.
Create a floral composition, painting on two different surfaces then combining them together as one. Rag watercolor paper and fluid acrylics or watercolors may be used. All levels welcome. A composition will be handed out to you but you may work from your own subject matter if desired.
- 1 sheet 140 lb Arch cold pressed paper 22 x 30 quartered, Thai unryu
- 2-16 x20 freezer paper covered cardboard, shiny side out
- 2- ½ -gallon water buckets
- Golden fluid acrylics: Thalo turquoise, Quinacridone nickel azo gold, primary magenta or watercolors: French ultramarine blue, permanent rose, Antwerp blue Winsor yellow, & burnt sienna
- White gesso, gel matte medium
- Brushes: Synthetic 1” flat watercolor brush, assorted synthetic rounds, 2” wash brush or soft varnish brush, or your favorites favorite synthetic brushes
- Disposable palette paper for acrylics
- Salt, paper towels, water mister, hair drier
- Plastic table cloth, trash bag, masking tape
- Small sharp scissors
- Bring your favorite floral reference material. And a lunch!